Martin Engineering is a progressive employer with the human resources programs designed to attract and retain employees who can help the company sustain its position of leadership in the industries we serve.
Employment at Martin Engineering offers challenging responsibilities, advancement potentials, a competitive compensation plan, bonus opportunities and comprehensive fringe benefits. Martin Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. It is the continuing policy of Martin Engineering to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, disability unrelated to the ability to perform job requirements or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran as defined and required by federal and state laws and regulations. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination and opportunities for training.
No preference is given to the hiring of relatives or friends of current employees, but referrals are welcomed. Below is a listing of our current opportunities.
Positions at Martin Engineering Corporate
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Product Development Engineer directs new product development projects according to the business case and manages the projects related thereto. This role is a key member of the cross functional innovative teams as it relates to Product Development. Additionally, this role determines relevant product/material relationships on the projects assigned.
Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
Five years-prior work experience preferred.
Four years’ experience/training in SolidWorks and Mathcad preferred as well as experience/training in data acquisition equipment/software preferred.
Four years’ experience in numeric modeling techniques such as FEA, DEM, CFD or other numeric modeling packages preferred.
- Directs new product development projects according to business case scenario to ensure that strategies are in place for successful completion.
- Control project reporting to ensure that established timelines, target cost expectations, and milestones are met.
- Collaborate and work frequently as a team with the Global Product Managers, Corporate Research and Development, and Global Business Unit Personnel to develop new products and improve existing products.
- Develop methods for testing, design and manufacturing of new products or improvement of existing products to ensure the effectiveness of proposed changes.
- Determine relevant product/material relationships for the development of new products or the improvement of existing products. Perform studies, analyses and make recommendations on current and future products.
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers, outside engineering and design groups and consultants on test machinery and equipment, manufacturing methods and tolerances and products.
SAFETY SOLUTIONS DIRECTOR
The Safety Solutions Director leads the division which provides safety related products and services to industrial customers, globally. This individual will lead the efforts of Martin’s Safety Solutions Plan as well as lead the sales and marketing efforts for the safety related products and services. The Safety Solutions Director will conduct safety studies with customers and provide training on the products. Additionally, this role will lead the efforts of adding products and services to the safety solutions offerings. This position requires frequent domestic and international travel and will report into Corporate Management at Martin located in Neponset Illinois but can be located anywhere within the USA.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- ASSE, CSP certified or similar certification
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in health and safety, including an advanced knowledge of USA safety laws
- Service experience in installation and maintenance of equipment preferred
- Overall understanding of safety and service in the bulk material handling industry
- Leads the division responsible for providing safety related products and services to our customer in a cost effective manner
- Develops and implements Martin’s Safety Solutions Plan
- Lead the sales efforts of the assigned product line
- Provides support to Safety Leads at each business unit to develop, implement and manage unit specific safety programs, policies and procedures
- Develop and implement marketing of safety product line at all units including job stories, publications, trade shows, seminars, and a book
- Conduct safety studies internally and at customers to identify exposures and develop action plans accordingly
We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package. If you are interested in employment that provides an exciting work environment and chance to excel and work with great people, please submit your resume via mail or e-mail to:
One Martin Place
Neponset, Illinois 61345
Attn: Global Human Resources
Mission Statement - Martin Engineering: We make bulk materials handling
cleaner, safer and more productive.